Sunday, September 13, 2015

Played Hooky

A quick trip to Louisville, Kentucky this weekend meant no physical progress on Gardens. But all was not lost.

We had a fun afternoon touring several bourbon distilleries along the Bourbon Trail - sampling some fine Kentucky bourbon and enjoying absolutely beautiful late summer weather.

Boatbuilding progress of a sort was made, I think. Driving along the highway, listening to a book on tape, I managed to sort out - at least in theory - how to drill straight holes in round spars. Now, I know I did not come up with anything that hasn't been thought of before, but I like the idea that I figured out a workable solution to a task that has caused me troubles in the past.

Will my solution work? In theory, yes but, as we all know: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is… We'll see what happens in practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment