Thursday, April 5, 2012

At Last... Assembly Begins

At long last, assembly of Gardens' hull has begun.

The centerboard case was installed (glued and screwed) on Tuesday. Today, Frame #5 was installed at the aft end of the CB case.

The stem/spine and three more frames (##1, 2 and 3) were fitted to the bottom. A few adjustments were necessary - and I discovered another one of those little "better done before installed on the boat" steps (trimming the stem/spine to fit and milling 20mm x 20mm stock for reinforcements of the stem/spine once it is installed). I decided to let things sit overnight before gluing and screwing these four components. This is for my benefit - I want to make sure things are set up correctly and fresh eyes in the morning may see something I missed this afternoon.

The important thing, though, is assembly of Gardens' hull has begun!