Plenty of time on our hands these days. And yet, time has slowed in a way I haven't experienced very often. I usually jump into a project or task full of enthusiasm and optimism - which lasts until the next project pops up and work on that first job gets pushed to the back of the workbench. Oh, I get back to each project but "old" projects lose their luster with each new idea that comes along.
So, I've been plodding through "works in progress" and bit by bit, and I find time seems to have slowed to give me more time each day for projects. I'm making progress.
The hinged-tiller project has taken its sweet time heading to a conclusion, but the Hinged Tiller, Mark IV, is very nearly a reality. First a plywood hinge, then a hardwood hinge, and finally an aluminum channel hinge (plus a rebuilt handle and stub) have taken me through an evolution to a workable hinged tiller.
An electric bilge pump will be set up as a portable unit with its own battery so it can be moved about and used where needed. Last summer I had to pump out the (very full) bilge spaces on either side of the centerboard case twice following consecutive nights of heavy rain. Not sure on the details for this arrangement but I'll work it out before leaving Gardens out in the open to collect rain water.
The white fir tree we took down this past winter has been milled into a good bit of lumber. It won't be useable for a year or more so I've got plenty of time to figure out what to do with it. And, of course, I didn't mill the lumber myself. A local sawyer brought his Wood Mizer and tractor to our place and did a fine job creating a pile of 570 bf of lumber.