Monday, September 25, 2017

Fiddly Work, Progress and Elmer

Recent progress on Gardens has been wonderfully visible and very satisfying. Less visible (and not as exciting) is the fiddly work over the last two days of installing cockpit seat doublers, filling/fairing deck seams, getting the coaming pattern almost finalized, prepping to install the gunnels (many dry-fits to get it 'right') and considering new colors for the interior (no decision made). Still making progress.

Elmer (the) Gantry has straddled Gardens, and has been sort of in the way, since I built it last fall. This weekend, as part of tidying up the Boat Bay and to make it easier to work on the gunnels, I moved Elmer forward of Gardens (not sure why I didn't think of that sooner!).

6 comments:

  1. Progress is good in any form, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob, Good for you looks great! Wow it's been a long time since our row on a cloudy Lake Chabot! David was up to Tomales Bay this weekend for the TSCA campout. I'm putting a centerboard case into Merry Rows. My friend Bill just bought a Penobscot 14 in San Diego last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. I remember that day on Lake Chabot - David sort of jump-started my boat-building that day with some good advice. He has been busy lately, hasn't he?

      Merry Rows is getting a centerboard case? Great! I'll look forward to sailing photos.

      I considered building a Penobscot 14 but went with the GIS. The Penobscot 14 and 17 are pretty boats.

      Delete
  3. Lovely shaped craft, can see your attention to detail in the build!

    ReplyDelete