Sunday, January 10, 2016

Iced In

No, it hasn't been cold enough long enough for the many lakes in the area to ice over. No, yesterday's late-afternoon-into-evening rainfall froze overnight as the temperatures dropped into the teens. Some bit of snow fell overnight and today but not much, really. But that ice… the roads are in bad shape and driving is not recommended and walking across the yard to the barn is not something I attempted today. We are iced in.

I spent the afternoon reading a novel and making lists of boat tasks and woodworking projects to be work on. Little in the way of new snow is expected, so I'll venture out across the yard tomorrow to work on Gardens.

Perhaps, later in the winter, I'll get to try ice-boating. I've been invited to go once there is enough ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment