Sunday, December 25, 2016

And So This Is Christmas

Fresh snow yesterday morning created a white topping for the dingy week-old snow already on the ground.

Christmas Day has been a quiet and relaxing day for Jan and I. For the first time in a long time there were no visiting family or friends (we saw family earlier in the week and visited friends last evening). Today we did see (via FaceTime) family in Oregon, Colorado and Belize.

Christmas is a time of reflection for me and, as I look back on the year, I am satisfied with the last twelve months. Did I finish Gardens and get her launched? No, completing and sailing Gardens will be a fine accomplishment, but it is not the entirety of my life. We were able to visit all of our children and grandchildren this year, which involved a good bit of traveling. Health issues took up a bit more time, but the results have all been positive. Fussing a bit about the political environment took up too much time before I remembered words of wisdom from Jan: I'd rather be at peace than be right. I've let go of the negative perceptions I experienced this year.

And so this is Christmas: I wish the same for everyone: be more mindful of being at peace than being right.

No comments:

Post a Comment