Thinking can lead to changes . For instance, I installed a mast slot to facilitate raising the mast.
(Due to technical difficulties, the photos to be inserted here are, for some reason, unavailable.)
The small balance-lug-yawl sail plan puts the mast just aft of BH-1. What if I want to sail with just the main (without the mizzen)? Not sure I really want to, but what-if? According to the sail plan drawing, it looks like stepping the mast just foreward of BH-2 would move the CE of the main very nearly (within millimeters) of the CE of the balance-lug-yawl plan. Seeing this leads, naturally, to the idea of building a mast step to accommodate both mast locations, So, guess what just made the projects list?
Speaking of the project list, as soon as possible (this week?), I will begin work on:
- Fabricating and installing the new and improved mast step,
- Figure out the location and set-up of a motor mount for a trolling motor,
- Figure out what size trolling motor is needed/suitable, I
- nstall the mast caps,
- Clear the overhead space above Gardens (so the masts can be fitted)
- Sand the gun’ls and rub rails