I am (mostly) happy with the spars as they are:
- The mast weighs 26 pounds (11.8kg), has eight coats of varnish and will look good from ten feet away.
- The boom weighs nine pounds (4kg) and is very stiff.
- The yard weighs six pounds (2,7kg), has a slight bow to it and a few white flecks where I sanded too far into the F/G sleeve (hence the "mostly happy" reference above) but should work well. I have not checked it for stiffness.
- The boomkin has been done for a long time and is waiting for me to finish the boat and go sailing. Same for the mizzen boom.
- Hounds with single block, fairlead (no block) or padeye with block on the mast for the halyard?
- Dixon Kemp style halyard arrangement or parrel beads at the yard?
- Padeye, rope loop (soft shackle), or single block on the yard for the halyard attachment?
- Straight (5:1) downhaul or the GIS bleater/vang arrangement?
- Parrel beads or OZ style line/loop attachment for the boom?