Sunday, April 10, 2016

My Spring Break

Of course, that begs the question, do you really get a spring break when you are retired?

I enjoyed a fun visit with my daughter in Chicago - we went to Opening Day of baseball season in Milwaukee. The Giants won the game 12-3 and the Brewers' fans were generally good sports about it.

We had a close-enough encounter with a completely oblivious BMW driver on the highway, confirming my long-held stereotype of BMW drivers: they drive as though they bought the road along with the car. While it really was close enough (the third car bounced off the median wall and nearly rolled), no one was hurt and the BMW driver continued on his way without a clue and without stopping.

The rest of the week was spent with two of Jan's grandsons (ages 5 and 7). We all had a fun time playing cards, reading, chasing around outside and doing 2nd grade math homework.

No boat work (no sanding, no epoxy, no cutting/fitting anything); no woodworking (two or three projects in the works but no progress this wek); no yard work (no clean up of winter debris, etc). I'm glad spring break is over and I can get back to Gardens of Fenwick!

No comments:

Post a Comment