The sore throat is healing. After supervising the electricians installing a dedicated circuit to the Boat Cave (I know next to nothing about electricity) and after getting almost the last Christmas package to the Post Office, I decided to figure out where the boomkin mount goes.
First, I had to make some adjustments to the 75mm x 45mm hole previously cut in the transom for the boomkin.
The opening needs some cleaning up and some epoxy/fiberglass treatment but I think the size is correct - at least it fits the boomkin I built.
The location on the starboard seat is marked with a blue-tape X.
If this exact location needs refinement, at least I know where to install the doubler.
So, here's the boomkin/mount held in place.
I need a shorter bolt. I also need to sand the boomkin just a bit to accommodate the two inside washers. But, those are pretty minor adjustments. Also, obviously, the cockpit seats have not been permanently installed.
Tomorrow: fitting the forward platform decking.