Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Cool and Damp

Last week's mild and unseasonably warm weather has given way to cool and damp. Cool and damp enough to need a better heat source than just the halogen work lights.

My new Mr. Heater Big Buddy heater works well enough for me to work comfortably in the Boat Cave. Unfortunately, I don't have room in the Cave to lay out 4x8 sheets of plywood to cut out the platform decking. I set up 2x4s across sawhorses outside the barn last week.

Too damp yesterday and today for that, so I turned to other tasks needing work.
  • Mocking up a tiller
  • Adding a doubler for the access hatch in BH-1
  • Getting a better fit for the king plank pattern
  • Fitting and installing cleats to support the cockpit seats
  • Cleaning up the debris from building the Cave
  • Installing peg board and a shelf

Necessary stuff but not as immediately gratifying as the cockpit seat.

1 comment: