My new Mr. Heater Big Buddy heater works well enough for me to work comfortably in the Boat Cave. Unfortunately, I don't have room in the Cave to lay out 4x8 sheets of plywood to cut out the platform decking. I set up 2x4s across sawhorses outside the barn last week.
Too damp yesterday and today for that, so I turned to other tasks needing work.
- Mocking up a tiller
- Adding a doubler for the access hatch in BH-1
- Getting a better fit for the king plank pattern
- Fitting and installing cleats to support the cockpit seats
- Cleaning up the debris from building the Cave
- Installing peg board and a shelf
Necessary stuff but not as immediately gratifying as the cockpit seat.