- Shop Space:
- Floor: The floor is done but for trim/baseboards. It looks good and feels very solid. I am happy with it.
- Work Benches: I know what I want to install and have a materials list ready to go. Tomorrow I'll see what's in the barn that I can use but I know I'll have to use some store-bought materials.
- Tools: Now that I have the space, I'll begin filling it up… Almost everything will be on castors so they can be easily moved about.
- Dust Collecter
- Drum Sander
- Router Table
- Spindle Sander
- Band Saws (yep, two: my old 12" Craftsman and my new-to-me 14" General Industries model)
- Thickness Planer
- Table Saw - that will come later this summer
- Skeg: I took measurements off a drawing and will begin milling the skeg as soon as the tools are set up.
- Spars: The wood is waiting… once the tools are set up, I'll begin with the yard.
- Color Schemes: After reading about Rik's digital color scheme sampling and receiving a color card from Kirby's Marine Paints, we've decided to do our own sampling. We'll download the line drawing of the Pathfinder and experiment with different colors schemes.
- Inspiration: I finally began reading The Dinghy Cruising Companion by Roger Barnes and, I must say, it makes me want to get Gardens done and outfitted so we can go sailing! (Of course we can take Karen Ann sailing… but Gardens…)
Monday, June 2, 2014
Miscellaneous Odds & Ends
Well, okay, I guess "Miscellaneous Odds & Ends" is a bit redundant but, here we go: