Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Back to Work on Gardens

After ten weeks of back spasms, treated by chiropractic care, modern medicine and, at last, physical therapy, I am finally getting back to work on Gardens. I had hoped to have been sailing her by now, but we do what we can... My "winter" projects are just now getting underway...

Last year, Gardens sailed with a 12V 34Ah battery (for the trolling motor) just sitting unsecured on the aft seat. I didn't care much for that arrangement, so I built a battery box (shown as a work-in-progress).


But, there's not a significant difference between a battery sitting on the seat and a battery in a box sitting on a seat. I decided to use the space below the aft seat, replaced the access hatch with a larger hole, and installed a lip/rim/whatever to hold the box and pretty up the cut-out. Shown here in the early stages of the project.


The battery fits in the box.


The box fits into the cut-out. The lid is a nice, snug friction fit.


The trolling motor cables fit in the slot in the lid. And the whole thing is removable for access to rudder hardware.


Other projects in the works...

No comments:

Post a Comment