Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Everyone's a Critic

We've got children and grandchildren visiting this week. The grandchildren are cute, bright, active and imaginative.

One of today's activities was to show Gardens to the four-year old grandson. He walked into the Boat Bay, walked around Gardens, thought for a moment and declared, "It's not stable!" and walked out of the barn.

Now, I'm not sure if he was being critical of the design, my workmanship or a combination of the two. I'm going to guess a four-year doesn't know too much about boat design (impressive enough that he knows - and used - the word stable) so I don't think he was really criticizing John Welsford's design.

And, while I wish my workmanship was better, I really don't believe he was commenting on my work either, so I'm not sure what prompted the remark.

On the other hand, he asked when the boat would be ready for sailing (always a good question)…

No comments:

Post a Comment