Thursday, November 5, 2015

Two Things

One, Gardens and the Boat Bay are ready for tomorrow's festivities: the of Turning Gardens.

The boat bay was cluttered, messy and dusty. Before:



I tidied up, put things away and swept. After:



I had four of us (me and three others) lined up to turn Gardens but none of us are as hale and hearty as we once were - more help was needed. Our neighbor, Bruce, is retired but his hobby is driving a tractor for a local farmer who Jan knows. Bruce gave us the farmer's number and Jan called the farmer's wife to explain what we planned to do. Another call to the farmer himself and we have a few (3, 4 or 5) more able bodies lined up to help with the turning. We are providing lunch: Pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, coleslaw and dessert. A community effort - sort of like a barn raising of days past. Should be fun.

Two, yesterday marked this blog's fourth anniversary. Reading back through the years, Gardens progressed rather quickly and I was optimistic about getting her launched in two years. Life intervened - and I wouldn't change a thing - and the build slowed. Now, I am planning to sail Gardens by next June.

My purpose in starting and maintaining this blog was to create a record of the building and sailing of Gardens for my own purposes. That it is read by, what seems to me, as a rather large audience astonishes me. Thank you - every one who has read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment