Thursday, January 9, 2014

Shop Gremlins

Ever not been able to find something - a tool, fasteners, stir sticks, anything - you KNOW you just had in your hands? Yeah, me, too… far too often…

So, a couple of weeks ago, looking to begin working on the mizzen mast for Gardens, I went to the plans for the spars drawing - and couldn't find it. Okay, I'm sure (well, pretty sure) I had it in my hand not too long ago. But it wasn't with the rest of the drawings… Checked everywhere in the garage cabinets and workbench, checked the basement, checked virtually every cabinet in the house - all without luck. Checked the new (and uncompleted) workshop in the barn. Nope. Maybe it is still in the shop at Little House… nope, couldn't find it there although I did manage a bit of much needed straightening up over there looking for the drawing… Well, it has to be somewhere…

Went out to the workshop today to check what needs to be done with the floor. I moved a couple of things around and found two drawings… The gaff yawl sail-plan (which I set aside a while ago as not needed) and, yes, the spars drawing. Why didn't I find it the last two or three times I looked out there? I don't know. I'm happy to have found it but I'd love an explanation as to where that drawing has been or why I couldn't see it until today… The best explanation I've come up with is Shop Gremlins.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And now I can get started on the mizzen mast!

No comments:

Post a Comment