Saturday, September 29, 2012

Now I Know Why...

Those first two partial planks were easy, even if I didn't think so at the time. The second pieces were easier - and I lulled myself into believing planking the boat would be an easy, simple and even pleasant experience.

The third piece - the forward eight feet of the lowest plank is very difficult. The plywood has to bend and twist in at least two dimensions simultaneously - and it doesn't want to do what I want it to do.

So, the short version is: a) the foreward pieces of the lowest plank have been cut out and partially fitted; b) the plywood doesn't cooperate (as if it were making a conscious choice…); and c) I ran out of time last night. Those foreword pieces have not been glued into place.

The first partial planks were easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment