Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sawdust, Epoxy and More...

Last weekend I resolved to find a way to install the chines and decided to laminate them in place: each chine to be three pieces (3/4", 1 1/4" and 3/4") glued side by side in place.

On Monday I began milling six (actually 12) new pieces (sawdust). On Tuesday I scarfed (epoxy) those 12 sticks into the six pieces for the chines.



Wednesday I fiddled with the pieces to fit them. I also cut notches in the frames for the stringers and worked on finishing up the transom (more).

Today I installed the first two chine pieces on each side.



Tomorrow I will add the third piece on each side to finish the chines... and begin installing the stringers.

2 comments:

  1. Better get movin' Bob. It's nearly fall already, then none of this working in the sun in the driveway stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough but I'll take these sunny days outside while I can!

    ReplyDelete