Last weekend I resolved to find a way to install the chines and decided to laminate them in place: each chine to be three pieces (3/4", 1 1/4" and 3/4") glued side by side in place.
On Monday I began milling six (actually 12) new pieces (sawdust). On Tuesday I scarfed (epoxy) those 12 sticks into the six pieces for the chines.
Wednesday I fiddled with the pieces to fit them. I also cut notches in the frames for the stringers and worked on finishing up the transom (more).
Today I installed the first two chine pieces on each side.
Tomorrow I will add the third piece on each side to finish the chines... and begin installing the stringers.